In today's SEO world, more than 95% of the focus is on building quality backlinks. Inbound links from already well indexed websites or blogs may make your blog stand out prominently in the Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs).
There are various ways you can build quality backlinks and traffic to your blog like:
- Writing good quality guest posts and sponsored posts on popular blogs in your niche. (Include Author Bio with a link to your blog homepage.)
- Exchange links with good relevant blogs of interest.
- Post relevant useful comments on do-follow blogs, forums and other popular blogs in your niche.
- Build your social presence in Facebook, twitter and obviously in Google's own Google Plus. Make your blog social, include social sharing tools and promote your stuff in a better way.
- Submit your blog's RSS feed to blog directories like BlogCatalog, Dmoz, Blogged, Ontoplist, Blogdigger, Technorati Blog Directory, Blogarama and IndiBlogger (for Indian Blogs).
- Submit and promote your blog posts on social bookmarking sites like Stumble Upon, Reddit, Delicious and Digg.