This is one of the built-in features in MS-office by which we can secure files from accessing or modifying. Here is how you can access this security feature for Office files:
How to Password Protect MS-Office 2003 Files
- From menu bar of your MS-Office file goto Tools–>Options
- In that you select Securitytab.
- There you get to see the two options “Password to open” and “password to modify”
As the name suggests ‘Password to open’ prevents unauthorized members to open && ‘Password to modify’ even though allows opening the file prevents to modify the content.
How to Set Password Protection for MS-Office 2007 Files
- Click the ‘Office button’ found in the top left corner.
and go to prepare–>there you can see Encrypt Document or Restrict permission
- Select the options that better suits to the security level you need.