Do you already have a website or are you thinking of creating one? If so, you should know that the first steps to be successful with your website is to list it on the first page of Google so that when an internet user searches for a term related to your product or service, he finds yours right away. The dream of every entrepreneur is to have his website listed among the top positions on the first page of Google. The way Google and other search engines display websites is as follows: Google automates computer systems that operate 24 hours a day, visits websites randomly across the Internet, takes snapshots of each page, and archives them in a huge bank of data. As part of capturing a photo of each web page, the Google system reads each word and other content on a web page (such as photos, videos, audio files, etc.) to determine the specific subject of the page. Google uses this collected data to determine which webpages to display and in what order, for a given keyword search. In other words, Google’s computer algorithms dynamically determine which web page on the Internet is most relevant to a specific keyword or key phrase and displays it first. It then displays the second most relevant page, and so on. The resulting list of web pages is known as a Search Engine Results Page (SERP). Here are a few tools and strategies to help you get your website on Google’s first page of results:
1. Check How Your Website is Today in Terms of Usability and Performance
The appropriate tools for this are: Gtmetrix and Test My Site Google. Gtmetrix allows us to know through its qualification, in which level of performance your site is, being able to make comparisons with other sites of possible competitors. Test My Site Google is Google’s own tool, widely used and now practically mandatory. As everyone knows, Google prioritizes the user experience, so one of the biggest positioning factors is precisely the loading time of your website.
2. Integrations and Platforms
Here are some suggestions, keeping in mind that you must always use the same Gmail email account to integrate Google platforms:
- Google Analytics: Used to measure the number of hits on your site and other infinity of data that will help you better understand the behavior of users when entering your site, such as what they do, where they go, where they click, how much time they stay and so on.
- Google Webmasters: Used to help find possible problems on your site, such as broken links, tracking errors, duplicate titles, among other resources.
- Google Adwords: Used to better plan your keywords through the Google Planner menu and also to position your website on the first page of Google instantly. You place a certain value, create your campaign, search the main keywords or keywords and the auction and it starts to appear on the first page of Google. “It also helps in the SEO strategy, as it is a quick way to generate traffic on your website”, says Virgil F. Rudd, marketer at Draftbeyond.
3. Content Creation
Without a doubt, having quality content is also a determining factor on positioning, there are some rules for creating web content or creating content for Google. Always try to create your own texts, use other sites as a reference but do not copy 100% of your text. Repeat the keyword in the title a few times, but in a natural way so that your text does not become robotic. Choose good images to embed in the text and always rename the images with the same title as the post or keyword. If possible, create links pointing to other posts. “Using videos in your article is a great choice as they make users stay longer on the page”, says Marleen H. Behrendt, tech writer at Writinity.
The points presented here are the most important for you to increase your chances of appearing on the first page of Google. It may seem very basic, but in the general context when we put all the techniques together, the work is complete. You should also always study the particulars of your niche so that you can apply it to get even better results.