Many of you may often struggle with the normal built-in WordPress registration process as it’s too basic and boring. In order to help you break free of the boredom and make registering at any WordPress site more user interactive, Facebook has recently released their Registration Tool for WordPress that supplies a customizable registration form which can be auto-completed by existing Facebook users.
- First download and activate Facebook Registration Plugin for WordPress.
- Go to Facebook Registration Plugin Settings page where you’ll have to enter your Facebook Application ID and Application Secret to successfully integrate the plugin into your site’s registration system.
Wondering what is your Facebook App ID and Secret?? They are nothing but your App’s OAuth client_id and client_secret which you can find under the Core Settings of your Facebook App. To get them, first you’ll need to register yourself a Facebook App if you didn’t already and then add your site url and domain to allow Facebook enable authentication on your site and all its sub-domains. Just follow the steps below to get it done.
- To use Facebook Developer zone and create your very first App head on over to facebook.com/developers and when requested for permission click Allow.
- After you’re in there @ Facebook Developers zone, you can create an application by clicking “Set Up New App”. Under the essential information do enter your App Name, Agree to Facebook Terms and hit “Create App” to complete your App registration.
- Once completed, you’ll be landing on Edit App section where you can provide some basic information and stuff about your App. To find your Application ID and Application Secret head on to “Web Site” section core settings. There you’ll also find appropriate fields to enter your Site URL and Domain.
- Now as you’ve come to know what is your Facebook App ID and Secret, copy/paste them on the Facebook Registration Plugin Settings page and click Save Changes.
That’s it!! You’re done with the Integration of Facebook Registration Tool into Your WordPress Site Registration system.
Given hereunder is the snapshot of how your WordPress site’s registration form looks after integrating this Facebook Registration Tool:
Hope this helps…
Try it yourself and let me know if it helped you!