Keep Your Password Away from Guessing
A password should be easily memorable to you, at the same time should be like a sudoku puzzle for others. Using a weak password makes it easily guessed by a hacker. Now, this discussion leads us to the question of what exactly is like a weak password.
Foremost thing is, a password is not a password at all when it is like a name.
Whether it may be pet names, names of family members, first names etc., all come under weak passwords.
“password” is a bad password
The extremely common and the weakest password of all is “password” itself. So never try to use password as your password and be susceptible to attack.
Here is the exhaustive list of Most Common Passwords used. If your password happened to be in this list, go change it right now.
- qwerty, asdf and other keyboard rolls
- country/city of origin
► A good and secure password should include alphanumeric and symbols and is more than 8 letters long. Its even better if you use lowercase and uppercase alphabets.
Do’s and Dont’s for keeping your password safe
- Do not send passwords via email , if its that imp. you can use privnote.
- Do not type your password in presence of others and better don’t talk about it either.
- Never use login id as your password.
- Do not select Remember Password/Save my Password options popping in the browser window while giving login id and password.
- Better don’t use the same password for everything.
- Change your password once in while.
- Practice your password to be easily typed, with the lack of which leads the guy watching you on back to know your password easily when you are typing it searching for keys.
- As said earlier make sure you password is more than 8 letters long containing alpha numeric, symbols and upper/lower case alphabet.