Installation of Microsoft office products and packages may sometimes be troublesome and frustrating for you as it encounters the above setup error that says – “The language of this installation package is not supported by your system”. The possible causes for getting this setup error during installation are:
- Necessary supplemental East-Asian language support missing on your system.
- Errors in the method of extraction of setup files from the source files.
- The CD/DVD drive from which setup files are accessed for installation may be faulty.
Troubleshooting Tips to Fix This Setup Error Occurred During Office Products installation.
- Access ‘Regional and Language Options’ from Control Panel and navigate to Languages tab to tick the box under Supplemental Language Support sub tab that says – Install files for East Asian languages and click Apply >> OK.
This prompts you to insert your Windows Operating System CD into your computer’s CD/DVD drive for the extraction of necessary language files after which you’ll have to restart your system for the changes to take effect.
- Use different utility/tool to re-extract the setup files from the source files. Even better way for extracting the data would be using the command line operator. The syntax is
Here, E is the drive location where the windows executable file(.exe) is located and
<path>specifies the location where the setup files are to be extracted.
More How to Resolve tips at TechNet Blogs