At present time, the maximum part of internet traffic is spent streaming online video with many sites. Looking at the data, over 400 hours of video content is being uploaded to YouTube every minute which has crossed the outreach of cable TV. Moreover, other video streaming websites like Dailymotion, Vimeo, Musically, Twitch, Netflix, etc., have not been counted till yet.
This can drive an idea about how much data is flowing while these online video streaming. So the best way to save your data is to capture or download the online video to watch offline making you access the video anytime, resuming from anywhere without wasting lots of data. The list of top 6 tools to download video from video streaming websites is mentioned below.
Available On: Windows, Mac
Like 4K Video Download, Gihosoft TubeGet covers a whole lot more than just YouTube. The app supports more than 10,000 sites, including Facebook, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Metacafe, Break, Veoh, and Blip.tv.
The app can download single videos and entire playlists. To download a playlist, just grab its URL and click +Paste URL in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
You’ll then be prompted to choose either the format (MP4, WebM, 3GP, FLV, AVI, or MKV) and the quality (4K, 1440P, 1080P, 720P, 480P, 360P, or 240P). When you’re ready, click Download. The app will download up to five videos at a time.
2. Video DownloadHelper
Video DownloadHelper is one of the wonderful browser extensions for downloading streaming videos. You can download and install it on your web browser for making it beneficial for video grabbing. You just need to click on the button available beside search bar of its extension to download the video on the current page.
Features of Video DownloadHelper:
- It is capable and efficient for downloading lots of videos on a day-to-day basis.
- The extension adds its access button just next to address bar of the web browser making it available for quick access.
- It makes the downloading process very easy and on the fingertip of users with single click download.
Availability: Chrome, Firefox
Supported sites: YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Lynda, Twitter, Udemy and others.
3. Freemake Video Downloader
Freemake Video Downloader is the most popular video downloading tool available for Windows operating system. However, it is not available for other operating systems. It allows the video downloads in many formats as per desired by the users. It has many inbuilt features which make it efficient and effective video downloading tool as compared to others. This tool can’t be accessed by a single click on the access button. It requires the link of the video to be downloaded and then it downloads it to your computer. You need to copy and paste the URL of the video to be downloaded by opening the tool web page.
Features of Freemake Video Downloader:
- You need not install any kind of tool for its access.
- It is available for free.
- It has a simple user-interface making it easy to use.
- It gives you options to choose the video resolution of the video to be downloaded.
- It is featured with format options as well.
- You can download your video in video formats like MP4, AVI, FLV, MKV and WMV.
- It is also useful in converting and downloading the video in MP3 format for audio download.
Supported Sites: YouTube, Facebook, Liveleak, Veoh, Vimeo, DailyMotion and others.
JDownloader is somehow similar to Freemake Video Downloader. However, it has an additional feature that makes it more cool than Freemake. You can download the JDownloader app for using it. To download the video via JDownloader, you need to copy the URL of any video streaming page having streamed videos on it. Now, you need to paste the URL in the JDownloader app. The app will automatically scan the page and give you all the videos available on that page. You can click on download on any video which you want to download from that page.
Features of JDownloader:
- You need not give the direct URL of any specific video for downloading.
- It is good for downloading multiple videos from the same streaming web page quickly.
- It is very simple and easy to use.
- You can download videos in many formats like MP4, FLV, MKV, etc.
- You can also convert and download the video into MP3 format using the same link.
- It is capable of capturing several videos at a time.
- Unlike Freemake Video Downloader, it is available for Mac and Linux as well.
Availability: Windows, Linux, macOS
Supported Sites: YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Twitch, DailyMotion, and others.
Bundleware warning! While running the installer of JDownloader, a page may come in between offering to install “Bing Search” or something like that. The buttons of accept and decline will change while accessing this page. You should make sure to decline the installation for preventing the installation of bundleware on your system.
5. 4K Video Downloader
This is the most simple and straightforward tool for downloading videos from video streaming sites. It can be at a top position in the list of streaming video downloading and capturing tool if you are looking for a hassle-free one. It requires zero effort from the user’s side to download the desired video.
You need to copy the URL of the video and paste it into 4K Video Downloader to download it in a single click. Moreover, you can also paste links of the YouTube Channel or any other playlists from different streaming sites for regular and automatic downloads of videos with the updated new videos added to that. If you are looking for annotations and subtitles of YouTube videos, you can get it downloaded using this tool easily. This tool makes your YouTube experience really wonderful with its versatile features.
Features of 4K Video Downloader:
- You can download the complete playlist using the link.
- It supports automatic download if you have pasted the link of the subscribed YouTube channel. It downloads the newly added videos automatically and saves it to your computer.
- It has a hassle-free interface and zero effort of the user is required for downloading.
- You can download videos in 8K, 4K, 1080p or 720p depending upon the video resolution of video uploaded to that video streaming site.
- It enables the downloading of video in different formats like MP4, MKV and FLV.
- It allows the user to download only the audio portion of the video in MP3 or M4A formats.
Availability: Windows, Mac, Linux
Supported Sites: YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Flickr, Dailymotion, and others.
youtube-dl is the most advanced video downloading tool specially designed for users comfortable using the command line. It is not for the users preferring graphical interfaces. It is however complicated to be used to the users must read the documentation related to it.
Features of youtube-dl:
- It is command line based advanced downloading tool.
- It provides much high flexibility than any other graphical interface based downloading tool.
- It is featured with several videos selection.
- You can also manage the quality of the video depending on the enlisted parameters.
- It enables playlist processing, batch video downloading and automatic naming of files.
- You can also download the rate limit and subtitles (for sites like YouTube) of videos.
- There is the inclusion of ads in the video downloaded using this tool.
- The file formats supported by youtube-dl are 3GP, AAC, FLV, M4A, MP3, OGG, WAV and WEBM.
Availability: Windows, Mac, Linux
Supported Sites: YouTube, Facebook, HBO, Metacafe, Vimeo and others.
You can also go for youtube-dl-gui for an experience to use it like other GUI based tool. However, it is unofficial.
You can also go for screen recording option to download videos. However, it is not a perfect solution. You must go for the above-mentioned tools if you want to save time in downloading the video and is highly significant about the video quality. If you have used any of the mentioned tools or have the experience of using any other tool for capturing streaming video, please share it in the comment section.