Electronic billing also called as e-bill is nothing but the electronic delivery of invoices/bills free of cost as opposed to traditional paper billing. This allows business owners to send invoices or bills and other supporting customer documents electronically online through their website, e-mail or fax and collect payments online using an electronic interface with the Visa/MasterCard network or typically through online bank accounts.
E-billing is the preferred choice by many to paper billing as it powers both consumers and business community alike. Here are some of the reasons for favoring e-Bills to paper bills:
- Electronic Billing (E-Bill) services 100% environmentally friendly.
- Reachable 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year as it enables you to access bills/invoices online using any of your favorite web browser.
- Business community can provide exceptional customer service as all the information is online. The business community also gets benefited on reduced printing and storage costs and no problem of customer statements getting lost in mail sending process.
- Speeds up the payment process as the e-billing feature automatically sends bills/invoices and supporting documents to the payable customers faster than ever before.
- No hassle of digging through a pile of paper statements as you can locate any specific bill using search feature on the e-bill Web site.
- Extremely secure mode of moving billing documents automatically from billing system to customer’s desktop, as the e-bill websites utilize state-of-the-art data encryption and independent auditing.
- Helps building trust and relationships as the transition from service to payment is smooth online which in-turn helps avoiding customers report for missing or lost bills.