The phone was announced in September and is expected to hit the markets by the end of 2009.
The Philips Xenium X501 comes with a display screen of 2.2 inches with display of type TFT featuring resolution of 240 x 320 pixels and 256k colors for crisp clear display. The Philips Xenium X501 key features and high tech specifications:
- 1 GB ROM and 512 MB of RAM for boosting the application speed and overall performance of the phone.
- Class 12 GPRS and EDGE.
- Bluetooth v2.0 with A2DP for rapid data sharing with other Bluetooth devices and paring with Bluetooth stereo headsets.
- Expandable memory up to 8 GB via microSD Transflash memory card.
- 2 mega pixel camera with high image resolution of 1600 x 1200 pixels and video recording feature at 15 frames per second.
- Tune into non-stop entertainment with the Built in FM radio and media player which supports formats like MP3/AAC/WMA and video formats like MP4/3GP.
- miniUSB v2.0 for high speed data transfers in between computer and cell phone
- Preinstalled games and users can also download several thousands of games
The Philips Xenium X501 is available in black color stylish body weighting only 129 grams and having dimensions 110 x 47.2 x 15.3 mm. The phone also comes with an amazing battery life having standby time of up to 1440 hours and talk time of up to 16 hours.