- Q = Total reactive power absorbed
- VL = Line voltage of supply
- Vph = Voltage per phase of supply
- IL = Line current of supply
- Iph = Phase current of supply
- Φ = power factor angle
The break load on the induction motor can be taken as a balanced load on the I.M. The measurement can be done using the conventional ‘Dynamometer type of wattmeter’. Here the current coil of the wattmeter is connected in the R-phase, the pressure coil is connected between Y-phase and B-phases.
Assuming that, Q = total reactive power.