Just like with any of the other profession, web designing requires a lot of tools to function properly. It helps in bringing in the concept into reality. There are multiple tools that the market houses these days, and each tool is known to have its own sets of features and characteristics to consider. However, there are some tools, which will just stand out in the crowd. Some of the popular tools as widely used for the web designing category are used by most of the designers these days.
It is time to go through all the available options, check out the features of the tools, and then head towards the one you like the most. For that, a little bit of research is all that you have to work on. You can catch up with the best web designing tools and learn more about the tools, which are widely used over here.
Starting off with Fireworks from Adobe:
Adobe Fireworks is noted to be one vector graphics editor hybrid and commercial raster available for the windows and Mac operating systems. The products are mainly designed for web designers, and Firework is here to bring in plethora of tools and options for making the entire web layout to prototype a breeze.
- There are so many notable features that this tool for the web designing has in store for you. One major one among the lot is “slices” for slicing a design mockup into CSS or HTML for creating prototypes at a rapid scale.
- It further has the ability to package entire site design as PDF with some of the clickable components for impressive an interactive site prototypes.
- There are certain optimization based tools available for designing web graphics and making them as light in weight as possible.
Next one is the Sketch:
It is impossible for the web designing to not hear about Sketch as the best web designing tool. This is a vector UI design tool and there are so many other designers relying on Photoshop for UI as well. But, there have been multiple web designers using Photoshop for decades and then finally switching to Sketch to get the chance to change and learn something new. Right after they started using Sketch for the first time, there was no turning back from then on.
- When compared to Photoshop, Sketch can help in sorting all documents you have and making revision in a much easier manner.
- Sketch comprises of all small documents where else you have Photoshop with the larger ones. As Sketch is a vector based app, the file sizes are quite smaller dramatically when compared to Photoshop.
- There is a built-in grid system with Sketch, making the interface design much simpler than before. The entire UI and minimal fees of using this tool give rise to cleaner design all the time and user friendly. It is not that complicated like Photoshop in any way.
- Sketch happens to offer multiple plugins hundreds in number, for making the designers flow easier and in a rather smooth manner. There is always a plugin for everything, and you just need to find it. Sketch happens to be an all-round winner for the web design over here.
Dreamweaver is another name to consider:
Dreamweaver is another masterpiece from Adobe and noted to be one commercial application for the web development sector, available for the Windows and Mac systems. It is noted to be featured packed suite of the options and tools.
- This tool comprises of syntax highlighting and smart code hinting. If that’s not enough, it has built-in FTP client, workflow options and project management for helping the team work in a rather effortless manner.
- Then you have live view, which will provide you with a preview of the present source code. This tool is designed to tightly integrate with some of the other popular Adobe products like Photoshop.
- This Dreamweaver is perfect for allowing you to just share some of the Smart Objects for some easier and quick updating and even editing of the graphic components.
Adobe XD is one noteworthy option too:
The vector design and the wire framing tool from Adobe is called as Adobe XD and it keeps on getting better with the introduction of new technologies. The Adobe MAX was announced and it now comprises of the voice prototyping.
- The XD version from Adobe will mainly include drawing tools, which will enable you to just define some of the non-static interactions, desktop and mobile previews and sharing tools for presenting you with some feedbacks on designs.
- It gives you the chance to select device base art board size for starting any project and can help in importing one major popular UI kit.
- This particular tool is just amazing for a quick mockup and it comprises of a very light in weight interface. There are useful photos loaded in the list, which makes it great for the mood boards.
- The prototype happens to be quite useful in showing clients how the stuff might work, mainly as you’re pushing the content online right away. If you want, you can further copy and paste stuff from any of the other Adobe apps.
- This Adobe XD has been well added with the rest of the tools, associated with Creative Cloud. Even the UI for the Adobe XD will be a bit familiar just like Photoshop and Illustrator. So, there is no need to learn about it from the scratch, to save time of course!
Try out Panic Coda:
Panic Coda is noted to be a shareware based tool for the Mac OS X system. It helps in reducing the amount of applications that you need for developing websites and improving workflow of the team. This tool has its own one-window web development idea, which will be using tabbed interface for transferring files, editing texts, CSS, SVN and even books, which will embed web books mainly searchable.
There are so many other tools you can try to head towards. Before any of that, go through the available options and choose some.
Author Bio: Marina Thomas is a marketing and communication expert. She also serves as a content developer with many years of experience. She helps clients in long-term wealth plans. She has previously covered an extensive range of topics in her posts, including Money Saving, Budgeting, Cryptocurrency, Business debt consolidation, Business, and Start-ups.