(As we have been working with registry in all these registry tweaks, let’s try to add Registry Editor as one of the options)
1. Click Start, and then click Run… and type regedit or regedt32.exe and Press OK.Now we have our Registry Editor Window.
2. From the left pane of the Registry Editor, go the the following registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTDirectoryShell
3. Now, create a new Subkey under Shell by right clicking on Shell and selecting New -> KeyName the Sub-key with the application you are going to add. In this case as we are adding Registry Editor, so let’s name it ‘Registry Editor’
4. Right click on the new ‘Registry Editor’ key we have just created and choose New -> Key to create yet another key named ‘Command’
5. Now, move to the right pane and double click on the (default) String value under Command Sub-key and change the Value data by entering the complete path of the application you want to add.
That’s it!! Now, when right clicked on Start Menu, we can find a new option named Registry Editor added to it (when clicked on it, Registry Editor window opens)
Likewise, you can add any application you want to shown up following the steps above.
Try it yourself and drop a comment if you need any help.