The Pros of Social Networking Sites:
- The best advantage of social networking sites is that these sites allow you to keep in touch with your friends, classmates and relatives. It is also the most cost effective way to keep in touch with most your people. Here geographical locations are no barrier to stay in touch.
- These sites allow you to send and receive messages, upload photos, and videos. As such, they are very interactive as you can get to see what your friends and relatives are up-to.
- With social networking sites, you are not bound by any geographical and cultural differences. You can get to meet and know a variety of people whose interests are similar to your own. These sites are a window to various different cultured people and places.
Cons of Social Networking Sites:
- Due to these sites you won’t find yourself lost among billions of websites, but it can also be taken advantage of by the wrong sort of people.
- The seamlessly harmless chat rooms where it is advertised for kids to make new friends,
there is no way of knowing if you are talking to a 16 years girl, or 60 years old-man especially when the user is using anonymous names and profile pics. This is one of the biggest dangers to be aware of.
- The other main drawback is the lack of censoring.
Parents need to learn about precautions as children of any age can end up downloading pornography or other violent and unsuitable images.
- It is positively unexpected for images and sites like these to be made available to people of any age without proper warning etc.