Safe secure browsing is very easy to do when you follow some safe internet browsing tips and safe browsing practices. Whatever browser is being used for web browsing, it is necessary to practice safe browsing habits which will make the web browsing more efficient and secure. Safe secure browsing cannot be merely done just by using safe secure browsers but also suitable security software is to be installed. For safe secure browsing, the first tip is using only safe secure browsers like Firefox and Chrome, any one among them is to be used for safe secure web browsing. Unnecessary browser extensions and toolbars installation is to be avoided – Brave have an excellent guide on browser extensions if you’re unsure of how they work. It is good practice to regularly check and delete the unwanted browser extensions received through the web. While using the internet, spyware may be added without your knowledge. One way to prevent this from happening is by reading completely the software installation messages which come while browsing and then only you’ve to OK it if you feel it comes from a trusted source and useful to you. And it is always better not to browse the problematic websites. Therefore to facilitate safe web browsing, there’s a safe browsing extension by name WOT (Web of Trust) which is to be added definitely to your web browser. Using WOT you can know which website is how far safer to visit, surf and shop online. Hence you’ve to keep in mind all these aspects before browsing as safe browsing is always better and no problem will arise to your system.
Utilizing Google for Safe Secure Browsing
There are many types of applications presently in use online and the people who do not know completely about Google’s services are liking to utilize other online services. But there are various Google’s free applications/services available online such as Gmail, Google Search, Google Images, Google Docs, Google Earth, Google Maps, Google SMS, Google Talk, Google Toolbar, Google Translate etc which you’ve to try to efficiently utilize.
If you create an account with Gmail – Google’s free email service, then the same account will be enough to access all other Google applications each of which will work very effectively. Because of this reason, instead of trying for other online applications, better try to make use of the free Google applications which are 100% safe and secure.
Avoid Internet Explorer Errors for Safe Secure Browsing
More than 40% netizens are using Internet Explorer for browsing and facing various errors. Frequently you may observe the error by name ‘internetexplorer.exe’ which will arise by using Internet Explorer. Therefore, as said earlier, you’ve to go for other safe secure browsers such as Firefox or Google Chrome for safe secure browsing. These IE errors, without your knowledge will arise through browser helper objects installed in system. Therefore it is better not to use unnecessary browser extensions and not face any problems in browsing. Any spyware added to the system without your knowledge means that there is no proper security software installed or running on your computer. Internet Explorer errors may also arise when it uses memory heavily or due to corrupt internetexplorer.exe file which will eventually stop the browser from functioning. To avoid such problems, you’ve keep a check on add-ons installed and it is also better not to open more tabs. To prevent system from problems another tip is to install third party utilities for the protection of your system.
Using Internet Options
As long as you’re doing safe secure browsing there may not be any problem but at times mainly due to unknowingly updates, spreading of spyware and malware owing to which, the system will run slowly or it may even get struck out at times when the system is restarted. Therefore before restarting the system, you’ve to delete unnecessary browser topics through Tools ► Options. And it is better to do password protect or encrypt for important files.
Whatever browser you’re using, by setting some type of options, browsers can be used more efficiently. You can set various types of options by selecting ‘Tools ► Options’ in Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. Various types of options possibly can be set from one place like – deleting of browsing history, deleting of cookies and cache, the files you want want to download can be saved in a special folder. Internet users should use browser internet options definitely as per the necessity.
How-to Block Websites
By now internet users have necessarily known safe secure browsing tips. But according to the necessity not only browsing, opening a website, but also one should be able to block some types of websites. You’ll now know how to block a website while using popular browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome.
Block Websites in Internet Explorer Step-by-Step
- Open Internet Explorer by double clicking the program icon.
- Go to ‘Tools’ and ‘Internet Options’ menu.
- Select the ‘Content’ option followed by clicking the ‘Enable’ menu choice that is listed under the ‘Content Advisor’ menu option.
- Choose the ‘Approved Sites’ menu tab and enter the URL for the website that you desire to block and click Never.
Block Website in Mozilla Firefox Step-by-Step
- Open Mozilla Firefox by double-clicking the program icon.
- Go to ‘Tools’ and ‘Add-ons’ menu option.
- Click the ‘Get Add-ons’ menu choice and in the ‘Search all add-ons’ menu bar enter the search term ‘block site’ and press enter key.
- ‘BlockSite’ add-on is listed on top and to Add to Firefox, click ‘Install’ button located next to ‘BlockSite’ add-on. And after the installation is complete restart Firefox.
- Now go to Add-ons Manager ► Extensions and click Options next to BlockSite to open ‘BlockSite Preferences’ menu.
- Select the ‘Enable Authentication’ menu option and enter a password to prevent other system users from changing the blocked sites on Firefox browser without permission.
- Now choose the ‘Add’ menu button and enter the URL for the website that you desire to block followed by clicking OK button.
- Repeat the above step to add additional sites to the BlockSite blacklist.
Block Websites in Google Chrome
- Open Windows Explorer and enter “C:WindowsSystem32driversetc” (without quotes) in the Windows Explorer address bar and press enter key.
- Right-Click the ‘hosts’ file and choose ‘Open’ menu option. If the OS as you to choose a program to open the file, choose Windows Notepad or WordPad.
- Go to the bottom of the file and type the IP address 127.0.0.1 separated by at least one space and enter URL of the website that you wish to block. Make sure you do not add http or www before the URL of the site to block. For example, to block Facebook, you would type 127.0.0.1 facebook.com
- Select File menu and Save (Ctrl+S) changes to the hosts file and restart your computer.
- That’s it!! You’ve successfully blocked Facebook site from any browser including Google Chrome.
Use Parental Control Software for Safe Secure Browsing
At the present time there are so many adult sites online and to efficiently safeguard children from these type of sites by blocking access to them, you’ve to utilize parental control software. Net Nanny parental control software is one of the popular and most used. There are many other parental control software available freely. The parental control utility software called PornBlocker will block all obscene and adult content from access. Besides these, there’s Norton Family – parental control software to help prevent children from accessing unwanted adult content online.