Nowadays, from small to multinational businesses are using different kinds of Cisco networking devices for seamless internet connectivity and secure networking. The Cisco Catalyst 3750 switches are innovative products, which are specifically designed for usage by medium-designed branches and businesses. 3750 switch incorporating Cisco StackWise technology helps them improve the operating efficiency of LAN with the combination of ease of use and the utmost level of resilience is available.
The latest Cisco StackWise technology offers a revolutionary stacking architecture, which provides stackable switches with the utmost level of automation, performance and resilience. With this technology, users of the Cisco Catalyst 3750 switch can effortlessly create a 32 Gbps switching unit, which can effortlessly integrate up to nine switches. If you are interested to know about the exciting features and characteristics of the Cisco 3750 switch, you certainly are in the right place. Here in this post, I am going to discuss the interesting features and characteristics of this popular Cisco Catalyst switch. So, without waiting any further let us start:
Characteristics of Cisco Catalyst 3750 Switches
Below are the major characteristics, which you will see in this well-made Cisco switch for seamless networking:
- It supports for the IEEE 802.3af standard and Cisco pre-standard PoE
- Multi-layer enterprise switching with a fixed configuration
- Ability to deploy network-wide intelligent services for converged applications
- Fast Gigabit Ethernet configurations with 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks
- Advanced quality, high availability and reinforced security service
- Smart power management features for extravagantly precise control
- For better software and hardware configuration Cisco ASIC circuits with innovative features
- Rapid configuration and Cisco Network Assistant for simplified configuration and deployment
- For optimizing power consumption Cisco EnergyWise technology for reducing energy cost for the entire enterprise
Furthermore, the innovative Cisco Catalyst 3750 switches are available with an IP Services software image and can proficiently be upgraded to incorporate an Advanced IP services software image for user convenience. The IP base software image has the capability to offer access control lists, IPv6, quality of service, and basic routing functionality. The IP services software offers a broad set of functionalities intended for companies such as IP multicast hardware routing or Policy-Based-Routing (PBR) and IP unicast.
The advanced IP services software supports IPv6 access control lists and IPv6 routing. The Cisco Catalyst 3750 offer layer two and layer three switches if the users have the below-mentioned needs:
- High resilience unified switching system for simplified management and optimal availability
- Utmost levels of security and QoS (Quality of Service) for prioritizing and securing network traffic
- The project supports Gigabit Ethernet on the desktop for utmost performance workstations with ten Gigabit Ethernet uplinks
- Utmost performance IP routing at every single switch for optimized network availability and scalability
These are the innovative characteristics and features, which you get after using the Cisco Catalyst 3750 switches.
To wrap up this discussion on the interesting features and characteristics of the Cisco Catalyst 3750 switch, I would highly recommend it to users who need such type of switches for their office branches and campuses.