Got a business? Have an identity that you want to be shown to the world? Here’s how Google People Cards are going to help you! Google has recently launched its ‘People Cards’ wherein you’ll be able to create your virtual presence. It’ll be more like a visible card that will be visible to people when someone will search for you. It’ll be an ideal place to search people for professional purposes and more like a LinkedIn version of Google. An upper hand will be given to elevate the businesses, freelancers and other people who’re seeking a brand or name of themselves. Let us discuss more about it and the general pros and cons.
How to register?
The Google People Card has been launched for Indians and moreover, only for those people who have their default language set in English. To begin with, you’ll need an Android phone and an account using which, you can create your card. Open your chrome browser and do the following:
1. Google your own name, or you can type ‘add me to search’. (Follow the screenshot for additional reference)
2. From there you’ll be prompted to ‘Get started’ button and then you’ll be asked to choose an account that you’ll want to specifically link to, in case you’ve many.
3. Select a contact number to move ahead and then you’ll be redirected to create your name card.
4. Enter your details like Name, About, Occupation, Work, Education, and social media links along with a picture to make your card.
5. Then, take a final preview of your card and proceed further.
In not more than 5 steps, you’ll have your Google people card ready to be searched.
Let us discuss some pros and cons of Google People Cards from a general point of view.
- Only one card per email address to avoid creating multiple cards that can be fake.
- Contact number registration in order to ensure authenticity.
- A boost for the emerging and small scale companies, most of the freelancers, or for the people who’ve lost their jobs.
- Easy searching for the people who are in need of potential talents, thus bridging the professional gaps among the industry and people.
- Easy steps to create or delete the people card, and you can choose to delete your visibility in the search with ease.
- To prevent low-quality appearance or spammy content for the search purposes, one can easily red flag the people card or can send feedback to Google with a valid explanation.
- Single language availability, thus proves to be useless for people who have their local language set as default.
- Anyone can mark the content to be spammy or can raise a red flag for it, although even if it is legitimate. There needs to be proper moderation on each and every low-quality marked content.
- Anyone can impersonate any other person if proper validation isn’t present. For the time being sake until people start flagging it, might create a hazard of reputation damage for the person who’s data was stolen.
- Some of the personal information is easily available on the Google People Cards and thus, can be taken up for misuse by the people with malicious intents. One can easily perform social engineering attacks by pretending to be a person he is not.
- Many companies can come into existence without any strong documentation to commit frauds and dupe people way before it is even noticed or flagged.
These were some pros and cons of the Google People Card that has been recently launched in India. So, take up this opportunity and grow your small ideas into a big company with branding made easy using People Cards. Go ahead and create your’s at earliest!
Author Bio: This article has been written by Rishika Desai, B.Tech Computer Engineering Student at Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology (VIIT), Pune. She is a good dancer, poet and a writer. Animal love engulfs her heart and content writing comprises her present. You can follow Rishika on Twitter @ich_rish99, and connect with her on LinkedIn.