The current COVID-19 pandemic situation has slowed the world’s activities forcing many people globally to stay at home. These being the new normal families are looking for new ways to entertain and kill the long hours. Though the situation is confusing, the entertainment world has it covered. Technology has introduced several entertaining tools such as Firesticks. The device contains all online content such as live shows, movies, live sports, kids’ channels, music, news, and documentaries. Firesticks come with all popular channels such as Netflix, Hulu Hotstar, and more. Families can have great indoor time using Firestick content.
However, Firestick channels provide content on a premium basis. All channels have a price tag, and once subscribed you can enjoy the online content from TV shows to new movies and sports. The subscription is relatively high and hard to keep up with the payments. To keep watching your favourite movies, technology has provided new tricks. The majority of people are learning and using a scheme, namely, jailbreak Firestick.
This opens up to ultimate entertainment for free; users can access all channels for free. This also helps install new third-party apps on your Firestick. Several apps work best on Jailbroken Firestick, such as Mobdro, Cinema HD, Kodi, Show Box, Terrarium TV, and more. The apps provide free online content such as cable TV, movies, TV shows, live sports, etc.
How to Install Apps on Jailbroken Firestick
1. Kodi app
Kodi is a free, open-source media player app from the XBMC Foundation. The software is compatible with different operating systems and hardware platforms. The app gives free content such as movies, sports, live shows, and more. Kodi is effective when installed with addons or builds to help users access an extensive library of media.
How to install Kodi on your Firestick
Here we use the Amazon Firestick device to install apps and enjoy free content.
- Insert the Firestick device on your TV and log in to the Amazon account.
- Next, use the Fire TV remote to open the setting page. Click enter button and select the option “applications” tab. This will turn off the “collect App usage data.”
- Proceed back to the menu and select “system>developer options>switch on ADB debugging>apps from unknown sources.”
- Go back to the main menu and click “apps>categories>productivity.”
- Now go to the “downloader” tab and install the downloader app using the Fire TV remote.
- Once the downloader is installed, enter the address or URL on the blank space.
- The Kodi Firestick will download; click the tab install to start the Kodi installation process.
- After the installation process, click the “open” button.
- Now set up the Firestick VPN or Kodi VPN for protection.
- Install Kodi addons to get more content.
Mobdro is an Android streaming app that provides different free online content. You can easily install the app on your Firestick using the steps below.
How to Install Mobdro on Firestick
- For users with Paradox wizard, they can proceed with the steps below. For new users, you can download and install the Paradox Wizard to proceed.
- Open the Paradox wizard and click the tab, “install the application.”
- Browser through the Mabdro and click “install.”
- After the installation process, open the app and stream free content.
- Open the Five TV setting page click the setting tab>system>developer.
- Proceed and select the option “apps from unknown sources.”
- Select the search button>downloader app.
- Enter the URL or address to download the downloader app.
- After installation, you can launch the Mobdro app.
3. Install ShowBox APK on Firestick
- Insert the Firestick on your TV and proceed to the settings page.
- Click the options “settings system>developer>apps from unknown sources and turn on.”
- Next, click “ADB Debugging again click the turn on button. The system will display a pop-up message “unknown sources” click the “OK” button.
- Now click the search button and enter “downloader” on the search tab.
- Choose the downloader under the “Apps and games” tab.
- Next, download and install the downloader app.
- Open the downloader app and enter the URL (Showbox APK). Install the app. You can use the ES file explorer to select the right app.
- Open the Show Box app and enjoy movies and TV shows.
4. Terrarium TV
The Terrarium TV app is a popular Android streaming app, which works best on Firesticks. The app has a variety of entertainment content.
How to Install Terrarium TV on Firestick
- Visit the settings page and select the option “device.”
- Next, click “Developer options” and turn on the apps from unknown sources.
- Now download and install a video player and a codec that works well with Terrarium TV.
- Select the home button from your remote and click on apps to get the Terrarium TV logo. Launch the app; the page will show a disclaimer select “accept.”
- Again go to the settings section select the default video player. The feature will show different customized options.
The installation process is slightly different but straightforward for anyone to install. However, it would be best if you used a VPN for data protection and blocking surveillance.