For long term blog growth and increased blog traffic, the best way of promoting a blog is build quality content and optimize it for the search engines. The only reason we do Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is to get more search engine TRAFFIC. More traffic equals more MONEY. There are many viable ways of getting lots of traffic (and money). It’s important to note that many people need your blog content even now but are not aware of its existence. You’d just need to mention it to them, that’s it really. Here are some tips to how to get lots of traffic to your blog.
In today’s Search Engine Optimization (SEO) world, more than 95% of the focus is on building quality backlinks. Inbound links from already well indexed websites or blogs may make your blog stand out prominently in the Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs). There are various ways you can build quality backlinks and increase traffic to your blog like:
- Writing good quality guest posts and sponsored posts on popular blogs in your niche. (Include Author Bio with a link to your blog homepage.)
- Exchange links with good relevant blogs of interest.
- Post relevant useful comments on do-follow blogs, forums and other popular blogs in your niche. You can post comments on any kind of articles on the internet that may be related to your subject in any way, shape, or form and that let you leave a comment.
- Build your social presence in Facebook, twitter and obviously in Google’s own Google Plus. Make your blog social, include social sharing tools and promote your stuff in a better way. Mentioning your blog post and leaving a useful link without looking spammy can get a long way.
- Submit your blog’s RSS feed to blog directories like BlogCatalog, Dmoz, Ontoplist, Technorati Blog Directory, Blogarama and IndiBlogger (for Indian Blogs). Blog Directory BlogsMonitor.com also helps you to promote your blog. Welcome to BlogsMonitor.com, the new website which is dedicated to help you promote your blog and improve its visibility through a number of features especially created for this purpose. Here are some of the things that your website will take advantage of for free. Your website’s availability will be monitored by BlogsMonitor.com, and you will receive emails alerts when your website is down. SEO link shows ratings of your website by design, information and site speed. Accurate statistics about the number of visitors your website receives, you can set them private if you wish. Ranking banner showing you where your website is positioned within top list. Just by entering a voting code you receive once you join in, your website will be automatically accepted on the blog directory BlogsMonitor.com and introduced in top list.
- Submit and promote your blog posts on social bookmarking sites like StumbleUpon, Reddit and Delicious.
- Through forums. Comment in forums (general comments, not spam) while having a blog banner as your signature is a sure way to drive lots of traffic.
That should give you a general idea on how to promote your blog to increase traffic. Of course, there are countless other ways to drive traffic to your blog. I have gone through some of the basic ways to increase blog traffic and leave the rest to your personal imagination and creativity.