Privacy and confidentiality of personal information is what every business wants the most. When you register a domain name your personal information is published in an internet directory (called WHOIS) that can be viewed by everyone in the World Wide Web. Some businesses may want that their personal information is available to everybody but many others may desire otherwise. And here comes the role of a private domain name.
What’s in the name?
For a professional business a domain name is critical and plays a significant role in company’s growth. A name that is difficult to spell or has negative cultural connotation will not be liked by audience. Hence professional businesses pay focused attention on naming their domain. In this pursuit they often get help from a domain name generator tool also.
In case of a startup business where quite often you market your company without any brand because brands are established with customer’s experience and perception and take some time. Selecting an attractive and catching business name in this situation becomes all the more vital.
Business Name Generator:
Everything from your company’s culture to the color scheme you use, play a significant role in creating your brand. However, the name you choose for a business is utmost important. Naming a startup business comes prior to selecting a domain name. Businesses hire professionals or search through Google for finding a good business name that introduces their company to their targeted customers in the most pleasant way. An online business name generator tool is yet another popular option that helps businesses generate exciting titles for companies, perfect brand names and good domain name. There are both paid and free versions available. Based on relevant keywords a business name generator provides you many ideas and potential names to choose from. These may be industry specific trending names or just random entries of appropriate length. After selecting a name you can also check its availability.
Why Private Domain Name?
A private domain ensures the safety of your personal information. This facility provides you to mask all your personal information so that it remains hidden from telemarketers, spammers, domain hijackers, and data miners. In this article I will highlight the significance of Private domain name for a professional business.
- Your business is safe from identity thieves: The private domain name is a badge/symbol of security. Nobody can get access to its personal information as it is the domain host generic name which they have to confront and the very information about the concerned business entity will remain hidden. So any misuse of your identity for nefarious designs is not possible.
- Protects your site from malware and spams: A private domain name by keeping your personal information safe keeps spammers away from it. This provides you a great sigh of relief because you don’t have to pay attention to all those unsolicited ads and junk emails and keep your inbox clean. All the junk emails are received at proxy’s address and your service providers direct only relevant and genuine email to you.
- No more annoyance by telemarketers: There are groups who scrape vital contact information from a public domain and sell it to telemarketers and then an endless nuisance of telemarketer’s messages and phone calls start that hinder your business affairs. Since Private domain registration keeps your personal information hidden and it is the proxy’s information that is in access, you remain free of telemarketer’s intrusion.
- You and your family remain safe from stalkers: The World wide web is full of people with mala fide intentions. There are fraudsters and harassers who can disturb you and your family. A private domain saves you from all these hassles.
- You are still in control: In your private domain name regime you remain in total control of your domain. You can cancel the private name domain registration at any time. You can select your email preferences for your private domain name(s).
- Keeps your site safe form hijackers: If a site gets hijacked, then besides problems in getting it recovered, the business owners can suffer financial losses due to close down of the website and resulting loss of sales. In case you have a private domain name, you don’t have any such fears.
- No Domain slamming fears: It often happens that at the very close to the renewal of a private domain name subscription, the shrewd people aware of the success of your business make unauthorized transfers of your domain name without your approval or even your knowledge. A private domain name saves you from all such risks.
Doing business with a peace of mind is obviously a #1 priority of every owner. For doing so, Private domain name is the badge that ensures security and safety from junk mails, telemarketer’s intrusion, unauthorized transfers and spam emails. If you are doing business from your home, it is even more necessary because access to your personal information via WHOIS database can expose you and your family to unforeseen risks. So having a private domain name is critically important for all business and they should definitely go for it.