Having the ideal camera that makes your special moment come to life is still a dream of many photographers. But the all-new Alpha 7S III by Sony takes your pictures to a whole new level with its unbelievable features and capabilities. This article is a comprehensive review of the new Sony Alpha 7S III camera. Launched in September 2020, it is already winning hearts, and we’ll explain why it is the people’s best choice so far. Read on to know more.
A Review of all-new Sony Alpha 7S III
Apart from the lightweight feature and compactness that makes it easy to carry, the device is an entire package of essential elements. It reduces the photographer’s burden, but it also helps in editing, sorting, transferring, and remotely accessing. This is to name a few; the review awaits.
Battery and charging
The battery and charging of the device can be internally done with a USB C-type cable and lasts for over 135 minutes of continuous shooting. It also can capture nearly 510 pictures before draining out with reasonable power dissipation rates mentioned for recording or capturing.
Image processing engines
The Sony Alpha 7S III uses the latest BIONZ XR image processing engine that leverages the standard image quality to make it eight times better. This can help you capture and record with the least possible distortion and enhanced even with minimal lights. As a photographer, you can also observe the elevated sensitivity of the captured images, giving them a realistic touch. The engine is also capable of producing real-time highly processed images and works efficiently to minimize latency.
The recording is a whole new aspect considered seriously with this Alpha 7S III camera. ‘Intra recording’ is a unique feature for recording that allows independent recording of every frame at 600 Mbps bitrate. This gives upper hand ease in editing and revising every frame with precision. The 4.2.2 color sampling and 4K recording is an extreme color delight to the eyes and provides depth with the realization of the captured media.
The continuous recordings are facilitated with an efficient alloy heat sink that dissipates the heat five times faster than previous versions.
There are two slots for media storage provided in the device. They are divided into Type A CFexpress cards, and SDXC/SDHC cards significantly enhance the transfer speeds and reduce buffers. Also, the good thing is that it can be done during intense recording.
Thanks to the high-power image processing engine, it is possible to edit the captured media frame by frame. Other softwares highly optimized to use with the all-new Sony Alpha 7S III are Capture One by Sony to manage the raw data and edit efficiently. The Imaging Edge Desktop application also helps to quickly review the shot, edit on the go, and remotely control the camera easily.
Sony Alpha 7S III Price
This power-packed device with remarkable features is priced at INR 334,990. You can buy from their official website, offline stores, and other leading e-commerce platforms. Additional accessories can cost a bit extra; however, they’re worth it for the perfect picture you’re looking for.
- The advanced CMOS sensor with increased sensitivity, color filter array, capture speed, and image stability has proved to be twice efficient as previous devices.
- The uniquely available HEVC/H.265 codec compresses files without disturbing their quality and makes the storage manageable.
- Fast Hybrid Autofocus to easily detect the focus during fast-moving shots and reduces missed shots due to poor autofocus capacity.
- Three recording formats available with their recording accessories for crystal clear recordings through the shooting.
- Impressively improved stability, color-depth, sensitivity, and stability.
- Fast and instant transfer of the files with wired and wireless reliable connections.
- Magnesium alloy-made body gives the camera a durable construction, and filters work at a cycle of 70,000 per second to provide moisture and dust resistance.
- E-mount lens with various types of recording formats to choose from, including the 16-bit RAW format.
- Excellent capture of human skin tone giving it movie-like capture with their S-Cinetone feature.
- Touch screen LCD to glide and manually adjust the color and display the parameters. The camera also includes an AF feature in the manual arrangement.
As we conclude the all-new Sony Alpha 7S III review, it is definitely worth the buy for all professional photography enthusiasts. All the minor issues faced during the recording and capturing are inspected and developed in this new version. Also, the newly introduced features unique to this camera are rarely to be found anywhere else. Post-production editing has also been made easier due to their advanced image processing engine and integrable softwares. Lastly, their movie-like color capture and in-depth dynamic color filter array can produce images with unmatchable quality. Go for it, all the photographers out there.
Author Bio: This review article has been written by Rishika Desai, B.Tech Computer Engineering Student at Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology (VIIT), Pune. She is a good dancer, poet and a writer. Animal love engulfs her heart and content writing comprises her present. You can follow Rishika on Twitter at @ich_rish99.