No one can deny the fact that AI has been an emerging technology of today’s time and that it has acquired the entire world. According to the various surveys and the Gartner’s report, there will be around 2.3 million jobs being created in the field of AI up till 2020 and another important thing to know is that 1.8 million existing jobs will be eliminated. Over the past few years, there has been a rise in shortage of the proficient AI engineers and the market is flooded with the jobs. Companies are looking forward to hiring skilled people who have all the desired knowledge of the technology.
Want to learn AI and become an AI Engineer? Intellipaat provides the best Artificial Intelligence Online Course which helps you get into the Artificial Intelligence domain.
Here, you will get to know the best path to be followed to become a skilled and sound artificial intelligence engineer.
What Is Artificial Intelligence?
Are you getting afraid that machines are now taking place of humans? Well, it means you know now what artificial intelligence and what it is its power. With AI, machines get the power and proficiency to mimic human beings everywhere. AI can let the cars drive and do the accounting work on its own by the machine. The machines exhibit the intelligence of humans and even more than them with the help of AI.
There are many problems that can be easily solved by technology. Some of them include natural language processing, identifying patterns, learning system’s behavior, etc.
Role of an Artificial Intelligence Professional
The main role of the AI engineer is to solve all the AI related problems. They work on the creation of various complex algorithms and the neural networks. There are different industries where these professionals are present to deal with artificial intelligence technology including
The project may vary based on the requirement of weak artificial intelligence or strong artificial intelligence requiring different skills set.
Steps to Become an Artificial Intelligence Engineer
Let’s start from the basic step to become an artificial intelligence engineer.
- You need to first have a bachelor’s degree. It can be in the various subjects like economics, statistics, computer science, finance, mathematics and information technology etc.
- Once you are done with the basic mandatory step, the next step is to get the technical skills. You need to be proficient in one of the programming languages like Python, Java or C/C++. Python is the most widely used programming language and learning it can become easy if you choose some well known training institute. You need to be good at software development abilities and techniques. Some of the topics you need to be aware of are: Artificial intelligence, Machine learning, Software development life cycle, Instrumentation and robotics, OOPs concepts, Patterns.
- You also need to be good at business skills along with the technical skills. The various skills include good communication skills, analytical skills, and smart thinking.
- You can also take up the master’s degree in order to upgrade your skills. There are various researches going in the field of machine learning and AI and thus going for the master’s degree will get you more knowledge.
- Another option is to go for some good industry-based certification which is globally recognized. These certifications will add stars to your resume and make you stand apart from the crowd.
Artificial Intelligence Engineer Salary
As per the survey of indeed, the artificial intelligence engineer gets around $110,000 annually. The minimum is around $105,244 and $144,611 is the maximum. This keeps changing based on your skills and experience. The sky is the limit with artificial intelligence.
When you attain all these skills and knowledge, becoming artificial intelligence engineer is not a big deal.
You’ll also like to read: